Saturday, October 3, 2009

Chicago 2016

The more Obama does the prouder I get. He keeps proving that I was right and the democratic party was wrong. They picked the wrong horse. Has this clown nothing better to do than to leave the country and make a personal appeal at the International Olympic Committee for his "hometown" of Chicago? What did Michelle say? It's no holds barred? It was something inane like that. He likes to think he is making all these historic "firsts". No other sitting president has done this. Now we know why. Because when you don't come through it looks very pathetic. Is he trying to divert attention from his failing health care, war in Iraq-Afghanistan-Iran, and government-run automotive strategies? Yes. He cannot seem to run the country so he goes out and does what he is good at: campaigning.

How sad. Millions flocked to the polls to vote for their hopes and dreams. He has squandered them.

I said before and will reiterate here that the "First African-American President" thing was nothing but a gimmick. What are the history books going to say? "Barack Obama may have been the first African-American elected to the presidency, but he clearly wasn't ready for Prime-Time."

What a legacy. That's how I want to be remembered.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sleep well knowing... I DI NOT VOTE FOR HIM!!!

Elgarf said...

Same here, anon. The sad thing is I think a lot of the people who did pull the lever are now realizing that they didn't vote for "him" either, more like the idea of an ideal him.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the country will wake up and take a serious look at the next candidate and nopt jsut jump the gun wanting another "Change" again. Or we are going to be entering into a viscious cycle.

David Morson said...

To some extent I agree with you but what to do now, can we hope for a change till next elections.

天氣好冷 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Elgarf, you do remember when you and your buddy 'The Chief' constantly referred to George Bush as the 'hick'. Bashing and trashing him and his administration for years.

Still believe he was worse than the current sorry sack we now have running the country? Just curious.

The Chief said...

Anonymous -

I have not changed my tune on George W. Bush any more than I have changed my tune on Barack Obama. I also don't blindly stand behind someone because they have either a "D' or an "R" after their name while opposing someone for having the reverse. I look at things from my own personal critical standpoint. You can either agree or disagree - it's America.

Unknown said...

Anonymous, are you really trying to say that GW was not a "hick"? Do you really think he had America's best interests in mind? If you do then I say that you are not only naive, but ignorant and wrong.

Having said that, no, I don't believe Obama is better than Bush. I haven't yet said it on here but my friends and family know what I am about to say. Obama is exactly on par with Bush. Instead of being an ignorant hick Obama seems to think that he is much smarter than us and, therefore, can do our thinking for us. Bush's attitude was "I may be a stupid fuck but I'm in charge and we're gonna do things my way.

They are the same president.

I hope that clears up any confusion as to where I stand. Thank you for your well thought out comments. I hope to hear a lot more from you.

Could you hear the sarcasm in that last line?