Monday, August 27, 2007

Don't Blame Me, I voted for Kodos



Monday night, 27 August 2007 4:30-6:00 pm I welcomed a new addition to the family. Kang makes my tenth tattoo. i have wanted to get a Simpsons tattoo for the longest time but could never settle on a design. I have seen countless Bart tattoos and have not been impressed by one of them, nor the Homers etc. Well, two weeks ago before leaving for a trip to the Outer Banks, NC I stopped at a Burger King for a fish sandwich. They were selling Simpsons merchandise to promote the movie so I bought a talking Homer. The food came in a bag that had characters from the show all over it. There were Kang and Kodos out in front. I decided then and there what my next tattoo would be. While not my favorite characters (that honor goes to Krusty and Clancy- neither one of them suited for their professions of clown and cop) they are certainly quirky and are done in the unmistakable Matt Groening style. Kang fits in well next to Hunter S. Thompson, and my interpretation of Giacometti's, "the Nose".

I'm sure it will not be my last. Let me say that I have gotten 7 tattoos from Art Apocalypse in Athens Ohio and 4 of them from Chad. He does excellent work, as do the other artists.

1 comment:

Tony said...

After having seen the tattoo... I must agree, it's some great work. Although I'm not a tattoo person and don't ever see myself getting one, I have to say the artwork really is impressive.

Still, of all the tattoos that Elgarf has, my favorite is the Ghostbusters logo on the shoulder! TOPS, by far!