Friday, August 24, 2007

Fall Guy Rebate



On July 4th of this year I was in the Tri-County Mall in Cincinnati Ohio with my two good friends the Queen City Muse and his regular contributor, Sol Rosenberg. After price-checking several sources for the DVD release of the first season of The Fall Guy with Lee Majors and Heather Thomas I settled on the 6 disc set for $36.99 at FYE owned by Transworld, the former employer of one such good friend. As I was getting the receipt the clerk said, "and here is your rebate for $27.00". I took two steps, looked at Tony and asked if I heard that correctly. He had the same reaction I did. I returned to the counter and asked the clerk. He replied that I had heard correctly and if I followed the directions I would get the $27.00 that would bring the total cost of the set to $9.99. When I returned home I did the paperwork and mailed it in. I shortly thereafter received an e-mail confirming that Transworld had received my rebate request and would process accordingly.

Today, not two months later, I received the check. I used it to buy one of those pricey clear plastic ipod covers. While too expensive for my money, this one was on Transworld.

3 comments:

Tony said...

That's right - send in those rebates. Trans-Whatever is counting on your people NOT sending them in. Let's send 'em all in and make them go bankrupt!

I love it!

Unknown said...

FYE FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT. F THEM. THOSE MOTHERF@#$%^S. I CAN NOT WAIT TO THEY GO OUT OF F@#$%N BUSINESS. I AM GLAD THAT YOU GOT THE REBATE. I WAS A FORMER REBATER, AND I AM NOW STARTING TO GET BACK INTO THE PICTURE WITH THE STAPLES ONLINE REBATES. I HAVE SINCE GOT ONE BACK, AND I AM WAITING FOR A $200.00 REBATE FOR BUYING BLANK DVD'S.

Elgarf said...

Man, I thought I had something with $27.00, but I bow to the master. $200.00! GODDAMN!