Thursday, November 29, 2007

Farewell to Jekyl... I mean Hyde

During my lunch time today I had NPR on and was able to catch the top of the hour news. They reported that Henry Hyde had died (that rhymes). My first thought was, "oh, that asshole", but it took me a second to figure out why I had thought that, it had been a while since I had heard the name. The next line in the report reminded me, he led the impeachment proceedings on President Clinton. Since I know certain of you refuse to speak ill of the dead I will keep this short. Clinton's accusers ended up with nothing. Hyde is dead. Who wins? I guess my question is, where are the Henry Hydes of today to persecute the true criminal in office?

2 comments:

The Chief said...

Don't hold back on my account... I, myself don't do it but, hey, if you feel the need...

As for your question of where are the "Henry Hydes" today? Unfortunately, with this Democrat Congress, we also got a bunch of political eunuchs - they're not willing to do what needs to be done. Boy did Bush luck out, huh?

Elgarf said...

"You're goddamn right! That's the one thing you and I stood together on!"
-the guy that recorded with Juggy Gales in the Brill Building, lo those many years ago

god bless the first woman speaker-of-the-house, but there is no tongue-in-cheek intended when I say that she has no balls! For christ's sake! The ball was handed to these assholes and they refuse to run with it! Is this political correctness gone sour or is there another explanation?