Thursday, September 4, 2008

Got Over It

You know, in retrospect, those people were right. All those people who said that all the Hillary fans need to just get over it and focus on the general election. I admit it was difficult, but she lost and Obama won. Time heals blah, blah, blah. The primary is long over and the same will soon be said about the conventions. We as Americans need to focus on the future and getting this country back on the right track. After listening to Governor Palin speak last night I was given a new HOPE. There is definitely CHANGE on the way and I am very excited to take part in this historical election! It is about time that we get the female perspective in the executive branch and since the democrats didn't have someone to fit the qualifications at least the Republicans do.

In 2000 I voted AGAINST bush. Then in 2004 I voted AGAINST him again. In the spring of 2008 I voted FOR Hillary and in the fall I was looking forward to voting AGAINST Barack Obama. I am proud to say that now I will be voting FOR John McCain and Sarah Palin.

2 comments:

The Chief said...

I think it's so very important that you make that distinction for all of the "racist"-slinging Obamites. When you cast a vote for McCain, you are not really voting for John McCain as these people will tell you... no, no... you are actually voting against a black man.

Yep. I'm voting against a black man. Is it because he's black? I'd tell you no but you refuse to believe it anyway so go ahead and just call me a racist - but what you can't call me is a sucker because I see through the bullshit.

Elgarf said...

You know, I have sort of been philosophying this shit over the weekend. For the first time Michelle Obama is proud to be an American. Even if you feel that way, when your inexperienced husband is running for office you better damn-well pretend that you're proud and keep all that other bullshit to yourself.

As for the voting FOR or AGAINST, this is what makes ME proud to be an American in ways I have never recognized before. I can DECIDE to not vote for Obama, for whatever reason I choose. You as a fellow American can look at me with scorn and hate and call me a racist because I will not vote for your inexperienced candidate. I can then say "fuck you, I can and will vote for whoever I want and for whatever reason I decide, racist or otherwise!" and there is not a damn thing that you, fellow American, can do but get pissed. So, who loses in this scenario? Certainly not me. If you want to continue to feel bitterness and anger toward me, that, my friend, is YOUR right as an American. This whole argument is getting rather tiresome. Maybe next time, the African-American community can come up with someone who is more worthy of the office so we can stop discussing this petty shit.