Sunday, August 31, 2008

Philosophy is the talk on the coffee cups...

I paraphrase Edie Brickell in this post's heading because I was very much impressed with something I saw at Starbuck's. Sitting across from one Mr. Ganz I noticed the "The Way I See It #239" peeking out from under the brown, corrugated safety band on his cup of decaf. I asked him to remove the band so I could read and then criticize the banal ramblings printed on the recycled paper. I was pleasantly surprised. Here is what was written:

The way I see it
Isn't necessarily
The way you see it
Or the way it is
Or ought to be
What's more important
Is that we're all
Looking for it
And a way to see it

-Desi DiNardo
author and poet, she lives in Toronto, Canada

I know that a lot of my posts seem totalitarian, and undiplomatic but it all comes down to what is said in the above poem. I am looking for answers just like the rest of you. I won't tell you that you are wrong if you don't tell me I'm wrong.

CJE

3 comments:

MR LAYTOM or MR GANZ said...

Very interesting observation in your front. If you tell me what is right and that I think it is wrong that is not the answer. What I see is not the same way that you see it, is "to each its own"

The Chief said...

You are wrong.

Elgarf said...

Good call, asshole.