Monday, October 13, 2008

"I see your hair is burnin'," "Give me my time," "Spork and Omtay"...An Anniversary of sorts

Tonight, during a 4 hour drive back to the homestead the iPod shuffled its way to Jane's Addiction Live on Triple X Records.

"Well the rain came, I said hey, buddy now buddy the street is a snakeskin. I belong out there walking and nobody's stopping to bother me they hide, outside. The ceiling is crying. Listen to the sound of the gutters running, wash this dirty town all fronts and no backs give me my time let me be outside..."

It has been ten years since I first heard these lines. In October of 1998 the world, as I knew it, changed. Many things that I had known (and loved) crumbled around me forcing me to reevaluate everything. I don't really care to relive any of that unpleasantness, it just hit me as I heard those familiar notes that a decade has passed and I wanted or needed to address it.

Thanks for your indulgence.

2 comments:

The Chief said...

I know the feeling.

Pretty soon, you'll forget the anniversary. Your post made me remember I had one on October 9th - I didn't remember it until just now!

Elgarf said...

Yeah.

I guess I really have nothing else to say.