Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Kennedy and Heidi

Who the hell are these two? I had seen the episode (The Sopranos Season Six Part II Episode 6) but I figured I would watch it again to have the cryptic title revealed to me. Then BANG! Christopher and Tony go careening over the embankment and one teeny bopper turned to the other teeny bopper in the on-coming car that he swerved to miss, and what does she say?

"Kennedy, maybe we should go back and see if they are OK"

Kennedy then tells Heidi "get real, I'm driving on my learner's permit at night." I turned the episode off at that point. Sure, I had seen it before and knew what happened, but that was terribly disturbing. I have already come to terms with the fact that David Chase is an asshole (and forgiven him) for what he did to Sil and Bobby, and now this. Anyway, I was going to comment on the unfortunate fact that the last song Christopher heard was that Piss-Poor rendition of Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb by Roger Waters and Van Morrison and the Band from the Wall 1990 Concert. He and Tony just discussed how great the Departed soundtrack was, then...

But we are on to other things now. I have not seen the Departed. I may or may not, I do not care either way. My question is, "in what context was that song played?" Can someone tell me? Sure I could do an internet search but I am not that interested in the information, not enough to go out on assignment. My theory is that the story takes place in 1990 and that someone was watching the event to commemorate the tearing down of the Berlin Wall on TV. I can really think of no other reason to revive that piece of shit.

Don't get me wrong. I AM A ROGER WATERS FAN. A Momentary Lapse of Reason was just that on David Gilmour's part and it sucked. Nothing they have done without Roger compares to what they did as a group (The Division Bell was decent, but not on par with DSotM, Animals, Meddle, and so on.) For Roger's part, he sounded great in Berlin. Bryan Adams, Cyndi Lauper, The (fucking) Scorpions, Van Morrison and the Band DID NOT! Just like A Momentary Lapse said a big "Fuck You" to Roger, the Wall Live in Berlin did the same thing in the direction of the Floyd. "It's mine and I will do IT without you!" I used to like Van Morrison up until that point. He sounds like a drunk redneck on his last leg. Could this be the same guy who recorded Moondance? He sure sounds like a hack and will burn in hell for what he did to that song. So, WHY WERE TONY AND CHRISTOPHER SINGING ALONG WITH THAT PIECE OF SHIT! Please tell me. I would like to know.

3 comments:

The Chief said...

Perhaps they could have listened to "MacArthur's Park?"

Anonymous said...

MY WORDS BUT A WHISPER, A DEAFNESS A SHOUT. I MAY MAKE YOU FEEL BUT I CAN'T MAKE YOU THINK. THESE ARE SOME FINE WORDS THAT MR.CHASE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN UPON HIMSELF.

Elgarf said...

They could have listened to MacArthur Park, but that really doesn't address the question, does it?