Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Felis 2


Tired of dwelling on the negative energy of this campaign I decided to post a pen and ink drawing of the skeleton of a cat. I made this well before the loss of my pal, but I would be lying if I said that she didn't influence it. I came across a discarded, laminated poster of various skeletons and was, obviously, drawn to the cat. On a trip to Chicago with Father T. O'Malley a number of years ago I spent some time in the Contemporary Art Museum. They had a black t-shirt with a similar cat skeleton in white that displayed the museum's name below the cat, or on the back, "I don't quite remembah." At the time I didn't want to spend the 25 or 30 bucks they were asking. Funny how you remember such things. I should have bought the damn shirt.
Anyway, the lettering is Dwarvish runes again. They spell out CAT, 2008, and FELIS BEFRIENDUS (borrowed from Jethro Tull's "Hunt By Numbers" from the 2000 release j-tull.com.

3 comments:

The Chief said...

Don't regret not getting the shirt. You never know when you might be back. After all, I passed up Wall Drug only to come back to it a few years later!

By the way... which museum was it? I'll bet is was the one dair in de city but you "don't quite remembah"!

Elgarf said...

Yeah. It was that one. 30 East 60th St.

Anonymous said...

I CANT SEE SO GOOD. I HAVE WORTS ON MY ASS AND ENITALIA