Saturday, January 26, 2008

BOCCE BALLS!


Once again, I really have no topic to ramble on about, so I decided to flip through the old sketchbooks and scan/post a drawing. The chosen picture comes from late 2004.

I had never been a Darryl Hannah fan until the waning days of 2004 when the Chief and I watched Kill Bill Volume One on video only to see the sequel in the theatre that same night. As a kid I had seen "Splash" (hence the heading) but that was about it, and my fondest memories of the movie come from the late/great John Candy (who has previously been recognized/honored in these postings). Too often she was portrayed as the "dream girl"; the beautiful blonde that everyone desired. Never feeling that way about her I never saw Roxanne or, geez, what else was there? It doesn't matter. I am (Ann) rambling.

I was sickened (and forever poisoned) about/against that bastard, Jackson Browne, who had dated/beat Ms. Hannah who then sought her friend and colleague, J.F.K. Jr. as an escape from the domestic violence ("running on empty..." fuck you, asshole). Again, this is old news. Bartender, shut me off.

Elle Driver was one cool, calculating, and very attractive assassin in the Kill Bill movies. Uma Thurman kicks ass and, hopefully, will forever kick ass. Ms. Hannah's character, Elle Driver, however, was a worthy opponent. The story that Tarantino weaves between these two is gripping, and the results are eye-popping!

So, for not having a topic, I present you with one of my favorite drawings.

2 comments:

MR LAYTOM or MR GANZ said...

I ONLY PLAYED THE GAME ONCE, WHEN I WAS HANGING OUT WITH SOME ITALIANS AT A SOCIAL FUNCTION, AND THEY WERE DRINKING, AND ONE OF THEM THOUGHT THAT HE WAS AN EXPECT, AND ALL I COULD SEE THAT HE WAS PISS DRUNK

The Chief said...

Once again, Father O'Malley ventures off-topic but we love that little bastard anyway!!!!

First, I loved the Kill Bill movies and I also loved your "eye-popping" reference! A great drawing that captures Ms. Driver quite well.

For my money, the greatest Darryl Hannah moment had to be the one thing that, at ten years old, the bare-bottom shot of her at the Statue of Liberty which brought the Park Ranger to shout those words for which this post is so aptly named was a moment that made young boys such as myself get something so titillating out of a Disney movie - yes - Splash was a Disney movie, folks.