Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Congratulations, Mr. President.

To quote the immortal Neil Diamond, "I'm" now "a believer".

My awakening came just the other day as I was on a road trip. The AM station that I was listening to carried the speech that Barack Obama was delivering at a nearby university. The crowd was electric! He had them eating out of his hand. What charisma! Why did he choose to run now? Because he is what we need!

Now if you, like I believe that we need more substance in our candidates, fear not! We are both wrong! Never has a great speaker made a poor president! Obama brings such hope to this nation in these troubled times. The biggest applause line came when he pointed out that George W. Bush will not be on the ballot this year. Really? I guess I hadn't thought of that. When Hillary made the snide comment that "speeches don't put food on the table" Obama pointed out that neither did NAFTA! Ouch!

There is no stopping the rock-star momentum that he has built up. I just "hope" that he is able to enact all these wonderful ideas that he seems to think will just fall into place if we all just believe. While Hillary has gone head-to-head with the Republican establishment, as has John McCain, experience is not what we need in this campaign. Senator Obama has the ability to INSPIRE!

Alas, he will have to do it without my support.

For right or wrong I will vote for Senator Hillary Clinton in the upcoming primary. When the democrats choose Barack Obama as their candidate I will support Senator John McCain in the general election. Nevertheless, congratulations President Obama. You certainly have your work cut out for you.

1 comment:

MR LAYTOM or MR GANZ said...

Barack Hussein Obama. This is what his name is don't wear it out