Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Justice

I have to admit that it is a rare event when someone gets what is coming to them and justice is served. Man, was I excited to hear about the conviction of Warren Jeffs this morning. He is the fundamentalist whacko "prophet" of the Church of blah, blah, blah, of blah, blah, blah. He arranged the "marriage" of the 14 year-old girl to her 19 year-old cousin, against her will. Then she did the unthinkable. She protested. Apparently you are not allowed to do such things in this cult. You see, "Brother Jeffs" receives his messages from god, himself and, therefore, anything he says goes. Boy, is that convenient. Where can I buy some of that moxy? He seems to have gone to the Jim Jones School for Manipulation of the Weak-Minded, or possibly the David Koresh School of Let's-Arm-Ourselves-and-Make-a-Stand-Against-the-Government. I only wish Janet Reno could have stopped Jeffs in his tracks too. But, no, he was found guilty by a jury of his peers, so that will have to do.

3 comments:

The Chief said...

I really think you hit this one spot on. It's so nice and convenient that these "prophets" speak directly to their god. Where's my proof or this? I mean, Muhammad claimed to talk to Allah directly - how convenient that everything Muhammad wanted, Allah wanted! I'm all for religion - as George Carlin so famously said, "it's a lift in your shoes!" - it is. Faith can be a wonderful thing but when it's misused to manipulate and hurt others, then it becomes dangerous.

Nice post.

Elgarf said...

Hey, thanks, Chief!

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC INFORMATION ABOUT JEFFS. WHAT A SCUMBAG, AND THE JANET RENO SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE. HOW MANY PEOPLE WOULD GET THAT? REMEMBER WE HAVE SHORT MEMORIES. I HEARD THE COUSIN ON THE RADIO YESTERDAY SAYING THAT SHE HAD NO HARD FEELINGS. GIVE ME A BREAK. EVEN IF I CAN NOT SEE SO GOOD, I CAN HEAR VERY GOOD